Could be. From New Jovian Thunderbolt:
- If you got more handguns than you got hands, you are a gun nut
- If you have 2 rifles that do the same thing (2 semi-auto .22s, 2 lever action .30-30s, 2 M1 Garands), and you didn’t accidentally inherit one of them through no fault of your own, you are a gun nut.
- If you have 4 or more rifles that do different things, you are a gun nut.
- If you have a rifle that takes an ammo type you can’t find after checking 3 random gun stores in a normal ammo market (not today’s market, but what we had this time last year), you are a gun nut. (I mean, how much Arisaka ammo is there our there? It can be found, yes, but it’s not always out there.)
- If you know what a tround is, you are a gun nut.
- If you conceal carry, but have one gun you carry during the week, and another gun you carry for special occasions like wedding, graduations, and church services, you are a gun nut. (there are plenty of CCW people out there that aren’t gun nuts, and carry because they have been threatened specifically.)
- If you became a member of the NRA or other pro-civil-rights org. because some anti-gun politician of famous person annoyed you, you are a gun nut.
- If you read gun blogs more than twice a week for 6 weeks, you are on your way to being a gun nut.
- If you have gone to more than one gun show, paying your own way, since the creation of the term ‘gun show loophole,’ but disagree with the statement ‘no man should have a gun smaller than a canned ham,’ you are a gun nut.
- If you become aware of an associate of good character that took a concealed loaded gun to a public place like a Mall or parade and your thought wasn’t ‘oh my! oh no! someone could have been hurt accidentally!’ but rather, ‘good move. you never can tell,’ you are a gun nut.
- If any part of the speech fragment ‘small town, bitter people clinging to their guns and religion and their antipathy to people not like them,’ annoys you, but especially gun part, you are a gun nut.
Looks like JayG has some additions:
- If you’ve ever bought a firearm because you have the same gun but it’s too sentimental/fragile/dangerous to shoot, you might be a gun nut.
- If you carry a gun for self-defense and base wardrobe decisions around your carry piece, you might be a gun nut.
- If you’ve bought magazines for a particular firearm knowing that they were less-than-adequate, but wanted more for range time, you might be a gun nut.
- If you’ve ever bought a gun you didn’t particularly care for simply because there was a chance it could be banned, you’re almost certainly a gun nut.
- If you see a cop/security guard’s sidearm and your first thought is “Glock, Sig, or S&W?”, you might be a gun nut.
- If you bought a firearm accessory solely for the purpose of making said firearm “more evil”, you are definitely a gun nut.
- If you’ve bought a magazine/holster/other random accessory for a gun you haven’t fired in 10 years, you might be a gun nut.
- If you get e-mail newsletters from more than one firearms warehouse or gun store, you’re a gun nut.
- If the employees of the local gun store know you by sight, you’re a gun nut.
- If the employees of said local gun store call you up if you haven’t been by in a week and they’re concerned for your health, you’re definitely a gun nut…